The Wellness Center’s exists to promote and develop health and healing emotionally and physically within a Christian context of acceptance and love. In other words, your student’s health is important to us.
A variety of services are offered free of charge by our licensed and professionally trained staff. All appointments and records are kept confidential, in compliance with the Health Information Portability and Accessibility Act (HIPAA).
NNU offers individual, couple and group counseling. Counseling is provided by licensed, professional counselors, as well as by counseling intern. Counselors see students for issues including:
- Adjustment to college life
- Relationships and dating
- Premarital and marital
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- Issues of assault / harassment
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- General mental health
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. By appointment
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Closed for lunch
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. By appointment
Health screenings and treatments are offered through Health Services by our Registered Nurse.
- Assessment and treatment of injuries and illnesses
- Referral to community resources, as needed
- Allergy shots (with doctor’s order)
- Lab services (with doctor’s order; may be subject to a lab fee)
- Blood pressure checks
- Nutritional guidance
- Health insurance information
- Immunization records and health records stored
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Closed for lunch
1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Walk-In Clinic open
Student Health Insurance
Good health is essential to academic success! For that reason, NNU requires that all students have health insurance. The following is our policy for the 2015 - 2016 school year:
- New students will be automatically billed for the NNU Student Health Insurance Plan (NNU SHIP). New students, may waive this insurance by completing a waiver form (available on the Wellness Center’s website) and providing proof of comparable insurance.
- Requests for waivers must be submitted by the first day of classes (August 25, 2015); reimbursements will not be processed for waivers received after this date.
- After the request has been processed, the student will receive an email confirming that the request has either been approved or denied.
- If the request is approved, please allow 2 weeks for the charge to be subtracted from your student’s account.
- If the request is denied, your student may appeal that decision by emailing email@example.com.
- Returning students will not be automatically billed but may purchase this insurance. Returning students who wish to enroll in the NNU SHIP, please complete the opt-in form online.
- International students will be automatically billed for the NNU SHIP and may not waive this insurance.
NNU Student Health Insurance Annual Rate: $1,810.00
(August 1, 2015 – July 31, 2016)
To see more information about the insurance plan, please visit www.cirstudenthealth.com/nnu.