Students have been off to an amazing start this year. Here are some highlights, and a look at things to come:
- Students had a blast during Week One. Check it out!
- Freshmen Retreat was a huge success! Freshmen spent a weekend in Cascade with members of our faculty, staff and administration. Joel Pearsall, our President and his lovely wife Nikki were able to spend the whole weekend with them. During this time they did team building activities and learned more about the culture at NNU.
- The Wellness Center has been doing their best to try to keep our campus healthy with the oncoming flu season. They gave flu shots at the Wellness Fair during the last week of September. They also offered blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks, mammograms, and cholesterol screenings.
- Every Tuesday night, dorms have wing meetings which we refer to as Family Time. Lots of information and wing bonding happens during these times.
- There have been numerous dorm events, including snack nights, movie nights, and general fun and fellowship!
- Our Crusader Choir, Orchestra and Jazz Revival groups have been traveling to perform at a variety of churches and venues. Look for a potential visit at a church near you!
- On September 28, SGA hosted the all-campus annual Fall Party. Students came out to celebrate "Papagras" by having a potato bar and participating in a variety of fall activities, including hay rides, sack races, and pie-eating contests.
- On the athletics side, our soccer, cross-country, and volleyball athletes have all been working hard on and off the field and representing NNU well. Our volleyball team remains undefeated and is currently ranked #12 in the nation.
Yet to come...
- Fresheree is on October 21. This is our annual "talent" show where no talent is required. Pure silliness and fun.
- The gals on campus have been working hard to secure their TWIRP dates for October 27-28. This is a two-day event where students run around the Treasure Valley to participate in a variety of events such as corn mazes, dinner at museums, Idaho Shakespeare performances, movie theaters rented out only for NNU, and so much more.
- Our communications department is preparing for the fall play, The Fantasticks. Performances will be during Homecoming weekend
- NNU Men’s Basketball will take on rival C of I on November 14 at the Johnson Sport Center, where there is more than just the Mayor’s Cup at stake as other athletic teams compete in tug-o-war and dodge ball contests for bragging rights. This is the longest running collegiate rivalry in the state!